Public Barefoot Running Policies

Jim Zychowski

Barefooters
Feb 16, 2014
I am a barefoot runner, have been for eight years running primarily outdoors year round. This year due to the excessive cold I went indoors in a Cleveland, Ohio Rec Facility (Gunnings) and attempted to run barefoot on their track only to be told it was against the policy due to safety and health reasons. (although you can be barefoot in the locker rooms, bathrooms, shower area, sauna, pool and pool deck) I am appealing this policy and have been in email conversation with someone at the rec dept. My next step is to talk with the commissioner of the rec dept and if need be the director of public works. Does anyone have any ideas on what approach I should take, who to talk with or any other ideas that may be helpful to get this policy changed? Has anyone run up against this and was successful in getting the policy changed? I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this.. Thank you
Jim Zychowski

Reactions: Sid
You might check the barefootedness sub-forum, I think there are some conversations in there about fighting policies and such like that. Good luck with that though, I am pretty sure any privatly owned place can set whatever rules they want. But it is kind of funny when you think about all the parts of the facility you can be barefoot just fine. Keep us posted! And welcome to the forums. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon