Products and Tips

SaraLord

Administrator
Jun 23, 2010
When I started minimalist footwear running, it took me hours to find information and resources. Here are a few links to those sites/products that made a difference.

www.injurybegone.com/products/itband-KNEE.html runner's knee - saw many runners at Chicago 101010 using them, what a BIG difference.

invisibleshoe.com/ I love my huaraches and lime gree laces. Thanks Steven Sashen! He shares lots of information and even has a great video on how to tie your huaraches.

www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/self-myofascial-release.html Those athletic foam rollers really work. Good instructions on loosening tight fascia.

www.barefootangiebee.com/ Angie inspires me! She just ran her first BF marathon - go Angie!

therunningbarefoot.com/ Barefoot Ken Bob's site - you could spend days reading and following links.

jasonrobillard.com/ Jason's 61 page "The Barefoot Running Book" is excellent. Self depreciating and funny, Jason gives you the nuts and bolts on how to get started. I'm on my 3rd reading.

Input is welcome! I hope this list is helpful.

Sara

Hey look! Jason started a new

Hey look! Jason started a new profile to promote his book! :D

But seriously, welcome to the BRS Sara! Take a looky up top to the right, there's a "Library" tab. There's lots of links and info there too.

We probably have the most

We probably have the most extreme collection of barefoot supporing related links out there, in fact. Thanks to Stomper's hard work.

Ram, Jason has had that site forever, or so it seems. ;-)

Thanks guys!  Jason's stuff

Thanks guys! Jason's stuff is great and easy to utilize. I could spend hours here and not find everything!

Happy Running

Sara

Welcome Jason!... err I mean

Welcome Jason!... err I mean Sara. ;)

Sorry... Ram started it. :p

S. Pimp.

I am so sloooooooooooow.  Ha

I am so sloooooooooooow. Ha ha! I get it now. Poor Sara. You guys don't mess with Sara that way. They're just teasing because Jason is such an AW. (And we can pick on him that way 'cuz he's our Activities VP.)

Wait, my chapter prez is

Wait, my chapter prez is secretly Jason? Cool. (Haha, just kidding Sara.) I think I need to look into getting Jason's book sometime though.

I'm a former Marine guys, you

I'm a former Marine guys, you can call me anything you want, except Army (no offense to soldiers - I take my hat off to each and every one of them).

Gee Danjo, I wish my chapter prez was Jason too!

Thanks S. Pimple for the welcome - I love your name.

BTJ - thanks for leaving a comment. Are you in No. or So. GA? I'm still working out what to do with feet in cold weather here in NM.

Sara

I'm outside of Atlanta.  I

I'm outside of Atlanta. I was able to get down to 27 degrees barefoot, dry conditions and 40 and above, wet conditions. You just have to build up to it gradually, and make sure to listen to the numbness in your feet as a possible sign of frost bite. Bring a pair of socks with you when you run in the extreme cold, just to make sure you are not caught too far away from home or your car when you find you can no longer handle the cold.

And thank you for your service to our country. My hubby was a Marine too.

Barefoot TJ wrote:  My hubby

Barefoot TJ said:
My hubby was a Marine too.

Was'nt he the guy on the recruiting poster lotioning his feet on the wing of a Harrier? I figuired the kilt just went along with the bagpipes and all.

Seven weeks tomorrow til the LB PWI van passes through Atlanta on I-75 at 4:00 a.m.

If I see even a hint of an ambush I'll know who I'm dealing with.

You drinking again, Board? 

You drinking again, Board? Thems fightin' words! And don't worry, I won't be out at 4 a.m.; I will be up, but just not out.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts