Newbie from Germany

jcornelius6

Barefooters
Aug 21, 2013
Hello, I'm new to barefoot running and just reading Jason's Book.

Please excuse my broken English, but I'm thinking in German.

For some time now I walk barefoot and use fivefingers and vivobarefoots.
I abandoned my old shoes a while ago and little by little make the transition to barefoot walking.

I often walk barefoot in the woods, because I'm into bushcraft, foraging and tracking.
I love the earth under my feet and when I'm without shoes I'm also more silent than before and I see more wildlife.

I think that I've a little beginning bunion, some micro fractures in the forefoot on both sides and before I went to Rolfing therapy I had much pain in the back.
After I read here through the treads and saw how many where also in pain before barefoot running, I thought it's about time to begin!

So I bought the book and I'll begin running when I know about the first steps...

I just have 2 questions right now!

What is this with the chapters? I'm here with the tapatalk app and there're no chapters..., or I didn't found it!

And is there a German section? I saw some treads in German...

Thanks,
Alex

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome Alex!
There are two ways to get to the chapters forum one is by clicking on the forums tab and scroll down and you'll see the Chapters section the other way is to click on the big globe that appears to the top right of your screen.

Reactions: jcornelius6
Tapatalk doesn't let me post to chapters, though i dont have the latest version. I have found barefooting very effective in stopping a bunion from forming - for about a month I vffs or CorrectToes in my shoes:after that, barefoot was fine.

Reactions: jcornelius6
Gruss Gott, Alex. Wilkommen hier mit viel Freunden. We're glad to have you with us, and your English is much better than my limited Swaebisch. I hope you have found our Deutscher forum by now and connected with some runners you can get together with in your area. What area do you live in?

I'm from the Pfalz and your German is also not bad... ,I think in English it's called Rhineland Palestine...
I just locked in the German chapter, but I have to wait for confirmation.
When I later favorite a tread in my chapter, can I see it then in the tapatalk app?

The Chapters don't show up in Tapatalk. Our developer didn't write "that side" of the site for Tapatalk. Apologies.

Welcome!

Yes, I can read chapter threads on Tapatalk, if they are in the 'latest' or 'participated' tab; I just can't post to them.

As for the bunion, I imagine if would depend how much change has taken place in the joint as to how far it can be corrected. Also, how thoroughly you can stop wearing whatever footwear led to the problem. I had to get rid of all my shoes and replace with larger size minimal shoes.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
SW, can you please locate the Tapatalk thread in the Site Help forum and add your comments to it there, so others can see it too? Thanks much!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon