New member in Louisiana

ashley

Barefooters
Oct 6, 2011
folsom Louisiana
Hello everyone! I have been running in minimalist shoes for about a year now. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis and thought I was going to have to give up running. Then someone turned me on to the idea of barefoot. After doing my research I decided to give it a shot and it changed everything. I can run with VERY little knee and hip pain. I may never be able to run a marathon ( although I secretly hope to) But I can run again. I rave about the benefits to everyone. Some people pretend to care but most just stare at my shoes and think I'm crazy. I think the'll come around. It's nice to find a place where I can get in touch with people as enthusiastic about this as I am.

P.s. before anyone gets concerned the degeneration in r.a. isnt caused by stress on the joints so while it may sometimes be difficult to get out and move, its better for you.

A couple of our other members

A couple of our other members have RA too, and they note the same benefits as you. I think Wendy actually completed at least one barefoot marathon, and she suffers greatly from RA, but not as much when she is barefoot.

Welcome, Ashley. Glad you found us and have a grip on your RA.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon