"new" guy from DC/MD

singhkrs

Barefooters
Apr 11, 2011
Hi everyone:

I've actually been lurking for over a year and finally decided to get more active in the BRS . .

I've had great success with VFF (greatly reduced knee pain, more fun, run times I hadn't seen in 15 years, etc., etc.), then took them off one day to see what the big deal was about going without shoes . . . I've had a slow transition (almost one year) and am still not up to the 3 miles easy I was doing in the VFF. I am sort of stalled out at 1.5 mi, despite reading Ken Bob's book, Sandler's book, Robillard's book, and Hallowell's book. I began at 0.15 miles (one block in DC) and wouldn't increase the distance (in 0.15 miles, or one block increments) unless there were zero aches and pains later. I will post more details in the "injuries" forum, but for some reason my right soleus will be super sore after running without shoes, but will be A-OK if I run the same distance in VFF.

If anyone knows of a barefoot running coach in the DC area (Iowa is too far LOL), that would be great. The DC Meetup.com people have been great folks, but I haven't been able to find a barefoot running coach through them.

Karan

Karan:It takes time and

Karan:

It takes time and patience. It took me 3 months to get up to that 1.5 mile distance, then another 3 months (in fits and starts of success mingled with setbacks) to get to 2.5 miles. I'm up to 7 miles regularly now, but that just sort of fell into place as my form got closer and closer to correct/sustainable. Hang in there, don't give up, and keep at it. You'll get there unless some problem manifests itself, which you can then specifically deal with.

Check out the Barefoot

Check out the Barefoot Running Instructors map stickied at the top of the Barefoot & Minimalist Running forum. If there's not one there for you and you learn of one, please be sure to add them to the map.

Welcome! Glad you decided to post.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7