New from St. Joe

DruBru1131

Barefooters
May 3, 2011
Hey guys, my brother Dave McKenneyChesney invited me on here. Completely new to BRS and barefoot running - started running barefoot about a month ago. At first, it twas a strange feeling to have my feet feel the ground, but now I absolutely love it, cool sensation to have your foot adapt to the surface you're walking on. Only held back by some TFTP but I'm going to have to take it easy and ramp up slowly :(. Anyway, hello and I'm glad to be apart of BRS!

welcome!  from St. Joe

welcome! from St. Joe Michigan? I work in Benton Harbor ;)

anyway, you must be the poor guy Dave convinced to run the top of michigan with him in October?

Welcome Dru!  You're in with

Welcome Dru! You're in with an exceptional group of people here.

And yep... slowwww is the name of the game. I'm 2 months in and barely winning the war against overexuberance. Good luck and again, cheers on joining the BRS.

Welcome, Dru!  Glad you're

Welcome, Dru! Glad you're here!

Drooo glad to see you finally

Drooo glad to see you finally got on here!

Smelp- Yes he is the one that I finally convinced to run it with me

Dru - a slow, steady

Dru - a slow, steady transition is the key to success. Early injuries cost far more than you gain by pushing too much too soon. Free learning opportunity at my expense - I stress-fractured a foot doing TMTS, costing me 10 weeks of lost time and fitness. My 25 years of running beforehand did almost nothing to prepare me for BFR. It's almost like learning to run all over again. Take it slow, and savor the journey. You'll get where you're going soon enough. After a steady 4 months now, I'm up to 6+ miles at a time (and could go farther if I wanted to and had the time) at about 8:30/mile barefoot on asphalt. Hang in there, keep at it, and don't let impatience master you.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7