Naked Tour LA version

Shacky

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2010
Yesterday, Ngoc drove over to my place and we carpooled up to LA for the Naked Tour being put together by McDougall.

Upon arriving we spotted Patrick Sweeney and chatted him up a bit and did the photo op thing. Then Ken Bob and Roy showed up and started talking about the new book. Got in a few more photos. McDougall then shows up and started talking a bit as well as passed out some temporary tattoos and even offered to put them on some people. Nice touch.

Everyone was then seperating into pace groups for the different runs and Ngoc and I decided we'd leave since he is injured and I had run over 13 miles on Saturday morning. We were looking for Patrick to say goodbye when Scott Jurek shows up. We immediately ran over to him to get some pictures but he had to hurry up to lead his group on a 3 mile run. Upon his return I got him to sign my BTR book as well as take a couple more pics.

Also lots of minimalists shoe companies present to try on gear and run in if inclined. I tried on the Inov8 skins and was pleasantly surprised at their comfort level. May have to buy a pair for work.

Nice event and if the tour comes to a city near you, I recommend you try it out.

My FB photo album of the event is located here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2085297&id=1124632342&l=d2715c1b4f

another thing, it's not often

another thing, it's not often I am intimidated standing next to someone but between Scott's fame as well as his height, I was kinda uncomfortable. The guy is close to 7ft tall and I didn't expect that.

Awesomeness!  Love the beard,

Awesomeness! Love the beard, Shacky!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon