My new winter shoe arrived today.

TJ,I knew you meant pairing

TJ,
I knew you meant pairing the toe-socks with huaraches. The toe-socks are much thinner than wool socks which are traditionally meant for outdoor winter activities. I'm guessing they're made that way to allow the wearer to fit into VFFs (but then why aren't they thicker in the section which goes up the calf?). With traditional outdoor Winter wool socks, you get a lot more wool for a lot less money.

SillyC,
Twenty dollars is more than enough for 2 pairs of LL Bean merino ragg wool socks. These socks are much more substantial than Injinjis. Also you can buy the same type of sock in local shops and have it immediately, which is a big advantage over having to obtain a specialty item such as a pair of toe-socks. Toe-socks are trendy. Anything trendy is going to cost a lot more to obtain than its traditional equivalent.

I thought they made wool

I thought they made wool five-toed socks, or so I read. I haven't seen five-toed socks that go up to the calf yet.

I must protest. Nyal is

I must protest. Nyal is spelled slightly differently than Nyah. We are two different folks. I am nowhere near as smart or good looking as Nyah.
beer.png

And in defense of my water

And in defense of my water shoes, they have mesh uppers and are very good at drying after getting wet. I just ran through foot deep puddles and mud with them on and all the water came out just fine with no slippage. If you wore them with wool sox, you could handle most weather conditions up to deeper snow, wherein you would bust out the scubas.

Hey wanna know whats cool?

Hey wanna know whats cool? We have these thick wool socks that go to the knees. We call them mountain socks. I have found and over the toe sandal to use with these on dry days.

A price of $20 for a pair of

A price of $20 for a pair of thin socks that don't go much past the ankle is soh not worth paying. I think the pair of substantial wool socks I have which go up to my knees, only cost me about $14 (at an overpriced, ski-resort shop no less). These are awesome for when I need to wear socks, which is one of the reasons I want a toebox version of the VFF Sprint.

I don't think we are

I don't think we are thinking of the same thing. Mine have flexible rubber soles that are quite durable. And they only cost about 10 dollars. I have two pair and I think they will last most of the winter, but if they don't I can buy more.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7