My bimonthly check for other over 60 women like me to share comments.

Hello ladies,

I will be 62 March 3. Started running at 59 1/2 with regular, super-jive model running shoes. Started having knee trouble. Went to vffs and feeling good.

yesterday did 5 miles of a 6.5 miles run on an indoor asphalt track barefoot. Felt great! Longest run so far is 8.5.

I am really hoping to hear from other ladies in my age category. So far there have been none to respond on this forum.

I have done lots of 5ks last season. This spring I am planning on my first 10k then maybe my first 10 miler.

I am hoping to do the 10 K barefoot. I'll see how much I can build up to bf at the track.

It is just way too cold for my feet to run BF outdoors right now.

Later this year I am planning on doing at least one 5k with my son, daughter in law AND my 6 yr old grandaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!! They live in MD. I am in upstate NY.

My 67 yr old hubby just started doing a run/walk last fall. This is just totally cool.

I love it that he goes with me.

So, that's the scoop.

Hope to hear from you.

Peanut (aka Gramma Peanut - that's what the grand kids call me! )

Peanut, i am not in your age

Peanut, i am not in your age category yet but I am not sure what your question is.

Is it weather or not you'll be able to do a 10k BF? or the ten miler?

I think you can do just about any distance you decide with proper training.

Just introducing myself to

Just introducing myself to any other older chics out there.

Seems I must be a few and far between in my age group - as far as BF- ing it goes!

Thanks for responding though.

I will post every few months to see if maybe there are any new "older" members out there.

I bet though that in a few years when you all start to get up here in years there will be tons of senior BF runners!!! Ha by then I'll be one of a hand full of 80yr olds !!!!!
bigsmile.png

Peanut