Solved Merge Chapter Page & Chapter Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the fresh start and many changes I´d love to see the Chapter Pages and Chapter Forums merged into one.
It´s confusing for new members and even experienced members to find the other place where ones Chapter friends post their stuff. In my case it would be the Germany Chapter that should be combined with the Germany Forum.
Probably the merging of Chapters and Chapter Forums is even more important for the non-English Chapters because our members might shy away from posting stuff in English in the main Forums but rather post in their own language in the respective Chapter Forums.

Actually you can do that already. Right now you have to be added to the group but you can move them into the chapter groups. This is one of the modifications i had done right away.

Once you are in a thread you can go into it and then should see thread tools. From there pick COPY THREAD TO GROUP. It has to be this one and then pick the group. It should let you move it. But look at the top and it should show you are in the group. This does not delete the original thread as admins will go back and delete everything once it is done. Please send a private conversation or email to kittyk or me so we can add you to the special group to give you privileges.

Also once done send an admin a message to delete original forum but make sure you have moved them all.

KittyK is going to be contacting all of the Chapter Presidents in the next few days about how to do this, Johannes. Like Matt said, it's something he and I have been talking about doing for awhile now, even when we were considering going with vBulletin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon