Date Reviewed: 05/13/2010
Review Type: Trail
Barefoot Friendliness: 3 Average

Morrison Moore Parkway E
Dahlonega, GA
See map: Google Maps

Picture:
photo7.jpg

This is a neat little trail recently created by the city of Dahlonega. The distance is roughly 2.5 miles, I tracked the run with RunKeeper here. There are some steep climbs and sharp descents. Water isn't really needed for the short distance, but it is a good workout!

Terrain
The terrain is mostly dirt with some small rocks in scattered all over. I would recommend carrying some shoes since it does have one small area of large gravel and another next to a road(people litter). There are two creek crosses, one that involves hopping on large rocks to get across and another that is cement.

Safety
One part of this trail worries me every time I run it. In order to do a full loop, you need to run next to Highway 52 and 60. Both of these are 45 mph zones. It is easy to keep a distance from the cars, except one spot where it is essential to run on the bridge, Highway 60, to get back to the place you started. For the most part, people are curtious and slow down when they see someone running on the side of the road... or maybe they are just admiring me.
smile.png

The Finale
If you run it the way I run, clockwise, the last thing you run over is a large wood bridge that goes over the dam. It is always has a nice breeze and is cooler than the rest of the run.

All-in-all this trail is a great run. While risky at some times, the steep hills and large bridge make up for it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7