Introductory Hello from Frances aka "Barefoot Fresca"

Barefoot Fresca

Barefooters
Oct 1, 2010
Hello to all here.

I'm Frances from New Jersey and I have been barefoot running for about 5 months. I have logged over 100 barefoot miles. I have recently run two 5Ks barefoot. I have progressed very slowly and I also run pretty slowly, but I love it.

I started running in Vibrams because I was worried about dirty sidewalks, but one day I tried "just a little bit" completely bare and I never put my shoes back on. Winter is coming and I'm not sure what will happen. Taking it one day at a time. I've been writing a blog about my experiences.

I'm going to try to come to the Barefoot Runners Society a little more often.

Hello again Frances - from

Hello again Frances - from one of your favourite 'sweepers' :smile:

Next year I'm sure you'll be doing the whole Harlem to Brooklyn thing, or at least an equivalent distance.

Hi Fresca Congrats on the

Hi Fresca

Congrats on the 5ks

This will be my first winter barefoot as well. Over the last two weeks my feet have started to adapted.

It will be interesting to see how things progress. Good job on getting the RRs out quickly.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers PB

Glad to have you checking in

Glad to have you checking in more often, Fresca!

Thanks for the welcome, PB. 

Thanks for the welcome, PB. It was cold at the race yesterday and it kind of hurt, but once the feet were warmed up they just melded to the ground better. I think so far that I can be okay in the 40-degrees.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon