I am moved!

Cali Girl

Barefooters
May 12, 2010
Finally. It has been a really, really long 3 weeks. I don 't remember moving being quite so rough, but it sure was. Let me just say that if I never have to do so again it will be too soon!

So, I haven't run in 3 weeks. My longest run distance at that point was 3 miles. Now I am wondering at what distance I should start back at?

I hope everyone has been doing well. I've missed my daily BFR fix!

You haven't been gone long

You haven't been gone long enough to really affect your fitness much. I would say start back where you were. It will feel hard at first, but you'll get used to it in a few days to a week.

When I last moved I was out from running for two weeks. It took me about a week to get back to where I was when I stopped.

Nice to have you back Cali!

I was thinking about you the

I was thinking about you the other day. How is your calf tightness doing, or you won't know until you start running again? Have you been taking the Vitamin D like we talked about?

Glad you're settled in Cali!

Glad you're settled in Cali! Good to have you back, I think you could probably start back up at 2.5-3mi though take it slower. I doubt you lost that much fitness like SP said.

I think I would actually be

I think I would actually be more cautious then the others. Well at least it depends on how you felt after your previous 3 milers.

If you were only doing 3 miles because you are new to running then I would half it and see how 1.5 or 2 miles feel.

However, if you can handle the miles but are only keeping the mileage low as part of your BF transition, then sure, see if the feet can handle 3 again.

Congrats on the move and hope to meet you next month at AFC.

I wouldn't be surprised if

I wouldn't be surprised if you could go run four miles with little issue.
A rest period gives the body time to build back up, better and stronger.

But you may be a bit sore the next day, but a run will cure that!

It's like drinking the snake

It's like drinking the snake that bit ya.

I finally got to run this

I finally got to run this morning. Woot! I only did a mile. We've been working outside A LOT and so not only am I sunburned but I'm still dragging butt. I just couldn't wait to get back out there though.

It felt really good to feel my bare feet on the sidewalk again. Thank you all for the input, it is very much appreciated!

@TJ-- Calf tightness is gone, but I have been dealing with some heel discomfort. I think it is from climbing (stairs & ladder). It didn't seem to give me any problems on my run this morning though. I notice it mostly when I get up first thing in the morning or have been resting and then get up. As for the Vit D. I have been taking 2000 iu of D3 daily. I haven't noticed anything major, but will say that my overall health and well being has really improved since I started running, eating better and taking vitamins.

Thanks again all!

That heel pain sounds like

That heel pain sounds like plantar fasciitis, not saying it is though. I'm not a doctor.

The real test to see if the calf tighthness is gone is to continue running to see if it comes back soon enough.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7