Howdy from Dublin, Ireland

gimmeaminute

Barefooters
Oct 30, 2011
I am horribly addicted.

I did about three weeks of slow buld up, 5 minutes here and there on a treadmill. Then one day I ran about two miles outside. Two days later I ran three. I'm going about a month now and this morning I ran seven miles on all kinds of surfaces. Every step was a joy.

I have vffs but the only time I ran in them I found myself paranoid and up on my toes to prevent heel strike. By the end of the run it was like someone was knitting steelwool socks inside my calves. I'm using them mainly to go into shops. I've ordered huaraches, but I have a feeling that I'm a budding purist. Or perhaps puritan.

Delighted to have ccome upon the society...

Welcome!Nothing wrong about

Welcome!

Nothing wrong about being a purist. It will serve you well.

i personally cannot stand VFF. I feel better in watershoes and wool socks when it gets snowy outside, I love my huaraches too but nothing beats barefoot in terms of sensations and pure pleasure.

I hope you will find this community friendly and helpful and I wish you many many miles of pure barefoot pleasure.

Welcome aboard gimme!  I

Welcome aboard gimme! I can't stand vff's myself and I love my huaraches for everyday wear but I prefer to run with my feet naked. I was thinking I was becoming more of a purist too, and then I've had to learn that I need to use footwear as tools. I have had my foot crack, worn holes in my feet, and had blisters and when I have these if I want to run at all the next day I must wear some sort of footwear in order to let my feet heal. I'm hoping my feet will toughen up and my form will get good enough that I eventually will never need to wear footwear, but as of yet that just isn't the case. Good luck and I wish you the best!

Welcome, Gimme!  You're in

Welcome, Gimme! You're in good company.

Welcome to the crew, Gimme. 

Welcome to the crew, Gimme. Most of us have started with the old "security blanket" leaning toward some sort of shoes, and along with Nick, I do need them sometimes. But the longer you go, the more you tend to lean to pure BF. It just feels better, works better and is more enjoyable. Glad to have you with us from the Emerald Isle.

Thanks, you guys. I can see

Thanks, you guys.

I can see already that a quick look around this place will be a tonic should inspiration or motivation ever be lacking...