Hi and happy new year from The Netherlands!

speedster

Barefooters
Jan 3, 2012
Hi to all you barefoot runners!

After reading on your forum for a while, I finally took the time to register, so here I am
regular_smile.gif

My name is Esther, I am 38 years old and I'm from the very south of The Netherlands (am I the only one here?). I started running about two years ago (followed an 8 week program from scratch to 5k), began to (kind of) enjoy running 1 year later, after losing 15kg (what a difference!), and discovered barefoot (or minimalist in my case) running last september. I started out on some worn-out sneakers, but soon switched to VFF Speeds, and I absolutely love running now! I run 2 to 3 times a week, mostly between 5 and 10k and I even look forward to going (never could have imagined that a few years ago, *proud*
tounge_smile.gif
).

I hope to run my first half marathon this year, but only if my feet are up to it (my left foot sends me TMTS-warnings in time, so I'm sure to take it slow enough
regular_smile.gif
).

It's my birthday soon, and I already have something on my wish list: there's a barefoot running shop not too far from where I live, so I'll go shoe hunting there (top canidates: Merrell Lithe Glove vs NB Minimus Trail, but of course I'll have to try them on first). I hope they will keep my feet a bit dryer (it rains a lot around here), but to be honest, I just think they're cool!

Welcome, Esther!  You are not

Welcome, Esther! You are not our only member in the Netherlands - check out the chapter forums to see if you can find some of our other members near you. Congratulations on your big-time weight loss. I would really encourage you to try running truly barefoot when you have a warm day (very short distance at first, until you condition your soles a bit). Almost every one of us who has started out with minimal running and added barefoot in later has loved it even more.

Glad to have you with us, and even more happy to hear that you are a listener to your feet. They will keep you running injury free like nothing else can. Enjoy!

Welcome!  I do think we have

Welcome! I do think we have a few more from your region.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7