Hello from Ohio!

Hi Liz,

I started out barefoot walking a couple of years ago and then got into the running. It's been great to improve my circulation and I rarely get cold feet now which was a real issue for me. If you're really used to shoes then walking around house is a good start point, just getting shoes off, lol. Carpets could feel appealing or smooth floorboards...

Also, when starting out with running I literally only ran for 10-50 metres initially just to prove to myself that I could do it without shoes. I think baby steps is the way to go personally. I also believe barefoot walking can help with adjustment to barefoot running. I've always been a walker, it's like meditation to me. Running's fun too now which I didn't find it to be with shoes, unless playing a sport. Running with shoes seemed like a chore and that's why I didn't do much of it.

Take care,
Jenny

Liz... welcome :)
[And sorry I am a few days late... like usual]
Central Ohioan here (towards Mt Vernon) what area are you? I too had very sensative feet, I think the first few times I ran was only about the length between adjacent telephone poles. I did a lot of walking prior to attempting to run, and sort of like you I started out with Vibrams... not running but just wearing around to get used to lack of cusion and arc support and zero drop. Only time I ever wore them running was when it got to cold in the winter I did run in them. I'm actually wearing my Bikilis right now (I am at work currently). If I can do it then anyone can!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts