Greetings from Switzerland

Rabina

Barefooters
Jun 24, 2011
Guess I'll try and be courteous and polite and say "hi" to y'all as I'm new here. Male runner, aged 46.

Life long runner with Asics and Nike, saw the light last winter and switched to VFFs. Experimenting with Merrells and Inovs. Favorite shoe is still the Vibram KomodoSport as we have a bunch of fairly stone filled trails around where I run, but need the grip of the Inov X-Trails when out on mountain trails, otherwise my feet would be pulp.

All is good, still getting over the intial stone bruising on the forefoot, probably did too much too soon as you all know about, but nothing to gripe about. Biggest frustration is cutting back on the distance, was used to marathon distances and four hour runs, now I'm lucky to hold out for an hour.

Any other Zürich, Switzerland barefoot/minimalist runners lurking around here?

Thanks.

Gruss Gott und Wilkommen,

Gruss Gott und Wilkommen, Rabina!

I live in North Carolina in the Southern US, but I lived in Stuttgart, Germany for several years. We love the Appenzell region of Schweiz, and the rest of it too, for that matter. Take your time in the transition, listen to the feedback your feet provide, and you'll be much happier and less injured. I am also a long-time shod runner who recently made the switch.

I hope you find other Schweizer BFRers to join you. And again, welcome to the crew!

Phil

Thanks for your welcome, the

Thanks for your welcome, the scenery doesn't suck here, that's true. But they haven't invented dirt only trails yet, how can one mimic the Tarahumara on rock and jagged stones?

I think the Tarahumara do run

I think the Tarahumara do run on rocks and jagged stones. ;-) But they wear huaraches.

What a coincidence. We have had another new member from Switzerland just apply to start a chapter there. Where are you in Switzerland?

Gruezi mitenander,Welcome to

Gruezi mitenander,

Welcome to the BRS. I am immediately thinking of the path around the lake for some nice barefoot running in Zuerich - it's smooth. Have you seen huaraches (Lunasandals, Invisible Shoes)? They are a bit less shoe than what you are wearing but offer protection if you need it.

Janine

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7