Going Barefoot…almost! My barefoot experience and is it right for you? Part III

For many of you who read part 1 and 2 of my series on barefoot running vs. shod, this should shed some new light on my point of view that certain people may be best supported and shod while others may do best minimalist or barefoot. I evaluated Tune Footwear's shoes as well as ran with Vibram and report on my findings. I included video's of myself running and walking with these shoes as well as walking and running shod. I think you will find this study of interest to you.

For many of you who read part 1 and 2 of my series on barefoot running vs. shod, this should shed some new light on my point of view that certain people may be best supported and shod while others may do best minimalist or barefoot. I evaluated Tune Footwear's shoes as well as ran with Vibram and report on my findings. I included video's of myself running and walking with these shoes as well as walking and running shod. I think you will find this study of interest to you.

here is the link
http://www.backfixer1.com/blog/going-barefoot-almost-my-barefoot-experience-and-is-it-right-for-you-part-iii/

I think you forgot the link, Dr. William. :linkme: <---- We even have a smiley for that. Isn't he cute?

Ha, funny! We posted at the exact same time!

Now to Part IV: Dr. William takes his first .25 mile barefoot (skin on ground) run. Hee.

Reactions: happysongbird
I'm no expert here, but in your running video I notice you are very vertical with zero forward lean and you tend to slap your feet with a light heel strike. I did not notice much of a sound difference on the video. When you walk, you are leaning backwards and are throwing your legs way out in front of yourself and hit heal first and then really slap the front of your feet down creating quite a slapping noise. Now, like I said I'm no expert here, but I would imagine those things may be part of your problem too. I will leave it to someone more qualified and experienced for a better diagnosis for you.

Reactions: happysongbird
Sorry Doc there are lots of people that are happily running barefoot with less than perfect symetrical body.
This is what I think and you're going to hate me because of it-here it goes, you're promoting your book here and want us to buy it, but I don't buy that most of us need orthotics to perfectly run, I have myself being there , done that and orthotics brought nothing but grief to me now I am happily putting lots of barefoot miles without problems.
I really think that if you run barefoot long enough you are going to re-write your book and I would probably buy it then but not now. There is no way we can cheat mother nature.:sorry:

there are lots of people that are happily running barefoot with less than perfect symetrical body.
For example Michael Sandler, author of "Barefoot Running", who lost his symmetry after a horrible accident. With one leg much shorter than the other, he couldn't find orthotics that would instantly adapt to changes in terrain and condition of his feet and thus caused lots of pain during running. Until he realized that the bare foot skin to ground is able to do just that: adapt ideally to terrain and individual condition. Since this discovery he runs asymmetrically barefoot and pain free.

For example Michael Sandler, author of "Barefoot Running", who lost his symmetry after a horrible accident. With one leg much shorter than the other, he couldn't find orthotics that would instantly adapt to changes in terrain and condition of his feet and thus caused lots of pain during running. Until he realized that the bare foot skin to ground is able to do just that: adapt ideally to terrain and individual condition. Since this discovery he runs asymmetrically barefoot and pain free.

It's not uncommon for people to have a leg shorter than the other one, I am one of them but not as severe as Michael-no one is perfect yet we are happily running without them orthotics.
You know what, I wonder if the Doc even bothers to read the replies;)

I think he reads them; he just doesn't want to humor us with replying. Right, Doc? :peeking:

Reactions: Barefoot Dama

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon