Getting into BFR to feel better

TeaEarlGreyHot

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2011
Hi there! I'm a 20 year-old gal residing in Virginia, USA. I was diagnosed with Behcet's Disease (a rare autoimmune disease) a few months ago and have been exercising to try and slow the progress of the disease ever since then. BD can be debilitating and some people have so much pain that they have to apply for disability to survive. I don't want that to be me.

I was about 5 weeks in to a C25K program when I learned about barefoot running. Once I did it, it was so awesome that I decided to start all over and learn how to do it more efficiently. So, basically, I'm still a noob.

As a college student, my budget is pretty tight. So I have found a hobby in learning how to make minimalist footwear from everyday, cheap materials. So as I experiment, I may post what I make up here.

Anyway, my long-term goal is to do triathlons one day. I'm years from that though so I'm just shooting for a 5K at this point. So I will most likely be asking dumb questions as I figure out how to get there.

Oh, and yes, I am a Trekkie. I'm looking forward to being involved in this community!

Hi, Tea!  Welcome here.  I'm

Hi, Tea! Welcome here. I'm glad to see you are being proactive in your health and finding the benefits of barefoot running. Let us know how you progress.

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:09 AM

Sat, 09/10/2011 - 11:09 AM GMT
Jonny00GT

There are no dumb questions! This is where I learned...awesome community here! Check out the Library section. There is some good info there.

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7