Garmin Foot Pod cadence all over the place

Robbi

Barefooters
Dec 1, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi barefolks,

I've been running with my 305 and a garmin foot pod to measure cadence. It seemed to work OK several weeks ago, but had some dips and so I thought I'd test it's accuracy.

I generated a 96bpm metronome track with Audacity and timed the track to ensure what I got was 96bpm. I then made sure I was nailing 96bpm exactly for my entire 9k run (and several subsequent runs), so I know for sure I was dead on 96. OK, I confess I let rip in the last kay or so and was probably north of 100 :).

The foot pod is securely attached to my ankle using velcro, so it doesn't jiggle around (as least as far as I can feel). The directional arrow is pointing down, but I've run with it vertically wuith the same result.

This is what I get...sort of all over the place results. Is anyone else using a foot pod and getting accurate results? I suppose it's a bit of a moot point since I have a better mechanism for making sure I;m hiitting then right cadence, but I like my stuff to work regardless...

Cadence.jpg

Should have mentioned I replaced the battery, same issue. Maybe the pod is dying for some reason, or maybe I'm just so smooooth it doesn't register properly :).

Actually, I looked back several weeks and it's much more stable. Maybe I'll try something elastic, it mght be that it is in fact moving around on my ankle.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon