First 60 mile ride today.

clawhammer72

Barefooters
Aug 5, 2012
Fullerton, CA
Ok, I should really post this at bikeforums but you all are more fun. My normal commute to work is only a wimpy 3 miles. But today, I rode 30 miles to a conference, and then 30 miles back. The ride was beautiful. I left in the dark at 5am and made it to the beach at sunrise. 30 minutes later I was at the conference. The ride home was long, but beautiful, all along a local MUP that runs along the Santa Ana River (Think giant concrete culvert.) While many parts were dry and ugly, others were filled with water, and plants, little cascading waterfalls and lots of cranes and other fine looking fowl. A good day.

Good for you, Claw. Was there a place for you to clean up when you reached the conference? Or did not not sweat that much on the ride? I ask because even though my commute to work is only 10 mi and primarily downhill or flat, I still need a shower once I get to work.

Oh, I sweat like a spiderpig, but I don't sweat it. No shower after rides, but I do shower regularly before rides to keep the little critters at bay. And then I leave time for a cool off before I change clothes and power up with Mitchum. I go with the whole "sweat doesn't stink, bacteria does." So far, so good. Or my coworkers are just suffering in polite silence. But, I'm kinda comfortable with being disgusting. Doh!:eek:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7