Bruise on left foot

IHL

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2011
Hiya,

Had a good run on a varied forest track yesterday.

Parts of it is difficult to run on, sharp gravel and some riverbed type boulders on a farm road.

The rest of the track is pleasant but it does have a lot of treeroots sticking out across the trail. It is important to pay attention to where you place your feet. On a couple of occasions I know I stepped on a stone or root with my left foot. I felt it and lifted my foot as soon as I could but it was a sharp hard object. However, I felt no further discomfort and happily finished the 8 km track. I finished off with a bit of short sprint intervals on a grass covered soccer pitch. Felt great.

However, this morning I woke up to find a serious bruise from my 5th? metatarsal streching up the top of my left foot. I also have a couple of bruises on the soles of my feet, under the arch. I have a slight tenderness in the joint on the outer Metatarsal but no pain or discomfort walking or moving about.

My hope is that I have not hurt myself badly. I have a fairly decent picture of the bruise. The link below should work.

Any comments or advise is most appreciated.

ihl

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n508/ihl4/IMG_0762.jpg?t=1316968263

That's a nice looking bruise

That's a nice looking bruise and probably better for Dr. N to reply as he's most likely seen bruise patterns like yours before. But I'd offer that you might have just overstrained a ligament perhaps from abruptly changing the position of your foot after stepping on a sharp object. Since there is no pain, just take it easy until the bruising is about gone.

Thanks for your comments. I

Thanks for your comments. I think you are right in your assessment. Now that another 24 hours has passed the technicolour display has faded and is now all but gone. I did get a bit of an initial fright, but now I can tell it will be ok. Best regards, ihl

You bet; glad to help. 

You bet; glad to help.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7