BRS "Stomp of Approval"

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
I'm curious, how does this work now? If I wanted to offer a stomp to a local race director how does it happen?
Did I mention that this wan my brain child? I think I had the first "Stomp" when I took Huang's logo to the Baltimore 1/2 and took pictures at the expo. I wish I still had the pics...

Actually, Haley, co-founder, came up with the name Stomp of Approval and I think maybe even the idea, can't remember, might have been mine, or a building of minds.

What is the link to the event, Ram?

It's not an event as much as it is a series. I run a lot of local races put on by Seashore Striders. They are a great bunch of people and all their races are barefoot friendly. When I win an AG award, they always introduce me as "their barefoot runner."

I guess I didn't come up with the Stomp of approval, I started the "Stomp;" the idea was to print out Huang's logo and place it in pics. I had it in pics from the Philly Expo at a shoe seller and a podiatry group. I think this evolved into Stopm of Approval when the BRS started, I remember the conversations to get this started in the Beta forum. I believe it was initially was supposed to be for races, but it seems to have evolved to include barefoot friendly web sites/blogs which is great.

Is there a master list of "Stomps?"

I still think the original idea could be fun, kinda like a Flat Stanley type of thing.

Please contact Sara Lord at [email protected], since she handles the Stomp of Approval program. She will need to decide. Since they are barefoot-friendly, I think this would apply. We normally Stomp only barefoot running events, events with barefoot runner divisions, and barefoot and minimalist sites and blogs though.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway