Blisters on my toes!

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
So I have not had a blister since February. And today, after doing a tempo run at the track, I noticed blisters on my toes. I noticed them a little during it too. I have some theories as to why I have blisters on my toes.

1. I had gone a while without running barefoot after I got the glass in my foot (http://doomedrunner.blogspot.com/2011/12/training-update-bloody-pictures.html). Maybe my feet had got used to it and after a month or so off need to get used to being barefoot again?

2. That time in minimal shoes effed up my form and I am pushing off with my toes.

3. I have only been running on flat courses lately when I normally run almost exclusively hills. I may need to learn to run flat surfaces better and this is the reason for crappy form causing blistered toes.

4. It just happens from time to time.

Any thoughts on these theories? I am thinking 2 or 3.

Yeah 2 or 3. When I run in

Yeah 2 or 3.

When I run in my minimalists, I always land more fore-foot and am more-likely to push off. I have to concentrate to land mid-foot and pick up my feet faster so I am less likely to push-off, when I wear VFFs.

I more or less HAVE to run fore-foot in the trails, cuz it's easier to leap over roots/rocks, and I push-off more to some extent, so I could see how if you have not been BF for awhile you may have to "re-learn" correct form on flat running.

I'd suppose the give in most

I'd suppose the give in most ruberized tracks coupled with your down time. By tempo, I assume you mean fast or race pace. I actually got a little one on my left 2nd toe this weekend because I was gripping without realizing. (I've been doing slow heart rate runs and when I got to jump to zone 4, I was a bit overzeallous!)

Could also be the form. I have a harder time picking up my toes when I don't have enough bend in my knees and when I forget to controll my speed with my lean rather than a push off.

Once you whoop thost puppies back into shape, you'll be right as rain, Killer! ;o)

-Jonny