Big toe pain

macdiver

Barefooters
Dec 22, 2010
The big toe on my right foot has had some pain following my runs lately. It is fine while running, but I will get sharp shooting pains about an hour or two later. The pain normally stops after a few minutes but may come back in a while. The toe is not sore to the touch.

Is this the dreaded tofp from doing too much too soon? IF not, anyone have any ideas?

I've decided to take a few

I've decided to take a few days off from running and see it it helps. I'm not sure if it is running related though since it is so intermittent and has not bothered me during my runs.

I wonder if it is some kind

I wonder if it is some kind of growing pains.

Possibly a touch of

Possibly a touch of osteoarthritis? Mine was fond of finger and toes until I got ahead of it with Chondroitin and Glucosamine sulfates and gin-soaked raisins...

Gin-soaked raisins ?   I've

Gin-soaked raisins ?
omg_smile.gif

I've tried taking the Chondroitin and Glucosamine for my old knees (that don't really bother me anymore now that I don't run in shoes), but it never seemed to work.

It very well could be osteoarthritis, Tex. Good guess. A simple x-ray will tell you if you have arthritis. When I went to the doctor for that horrible inflammation I was having in my wrist, arm, tailbone, and feet, they took x-rays and showed me right away that I have arthritis on the tops of both of my feet. It wasn't causing the inflammation though, but it was interesting to see it on the x-rays. I didn't even know I had the beginning stages of arthritis, since I have had no problems from it, and if they would not have taken x-rays, I probably wouldn't have known I had it for year and years to come.

Arthritis.  Hmm.  That makes

Arthritis. Hmm. That makes sense. I had broken that toe 7 - 8 years ago. Now would be about the time that arthritis sets in. Add in the typical weather pattern of 25 one day, 60 the next followed by epic downpours and a temp plunge back to 25 and the aches and pains really start.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts