BFR Spotted: Soles of Cochin, a running group of senior citizens is defying age

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
OlderBarefootRunners.png

Soles of Cochin, a running group of senior citizens is defying age - The South First
The South First
By dispelling ageism and misconceptions about running, Soles of Cochin is making Kerala ... I have been running barefoot for the past two years, ...

Scoring healthy points
Senior members of the group reap both psychological and physical health benefits as a result of their routines.

“For me, it is more about how running makes me feel. I have been running barefoot for the past two years, and it has activated the ‘feel good’ spots in my brain and contributed to my mental well-being. Besides, I also cycle, and have been using the same Firefox cycle for nine years. I have completed a few half-marathons, but I am usually happy with a regular 10 km run and an occasional 50 km cycle ride,” testifies Jayaprakash Nambiar, a sexagenarian, who is an active member of the group.

Senior members of the group reap both psychological and physical health benefits as a result of their routines. (Supplied)

Seventy-year-old Rosiline Johnson, who became a part of the group in 2017, reports that she has no lifestyle diseases due to regular running.

“I do everything that the group does except cycling. Strength training has made me stronger, and given me the confidence to live life. Earlier, I found it difficult to be quick on my feet, now it is different. Usually, people my age have to take medicines regularly for a variety of illnesses related to old age. But, I have been able to avoid this for the past six years,” says the retired school principal.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7