Berlin marathon

Samwise

Barefooters
Apr 22, 2012
London
Hi all,

I'm hoping to run the berlin marathon barefoot later in the year. Has anyone on here done it and can you give any suggestions or tips? Any other tips on the marathon training equally welcome!

Hi all,

I'm hoping to run the berlin marathon barefoot later in the year. Has anyone on here done it and can you give any suggestions or tips? Any other tips on the marathon training equally welcome!
Samwise2.jpg

Given your name I don't think you'll have a problem! :p

Samwise2.jpg

Given your name I don't think you'll have a problem! :p

Ha ha. Actually I do look a little bit like him and was nicknamed the hobbit long before I started going barefoot :)

Footsie - no I'm in London I'm afraid.

Joohneschuh - yes I have a charity place. Don't suppose there is an English version of your race report anywhere? If not i shall rely on google translate! Are you doing it again this year?

Footsie - no I'm in London I'm afraid.

Ok. Give me a shout closer to the time if you need help with anything this end or need a crew. If I'm around, I'd be happy to support.

Don't suppose there is an English version of your race report anywhere? If not i shall rely on google translate! Are you doing it again this year?

No, it´s only in German. What you need to know: Berlin is extremely crowded, expect to run always in a tight pack and rarely be able to see the ground far enogh ahead to avoid obstacles. I think I crossed traffic islands twice and saw them but in the last second. Paleo who ran with me was not so lucky... He hit one of them with his bare toes. Apart from that, the streets of Berlin are mostly pleasant to run. And there´s A LOT of cheering from spectators, at some points the streets are so crowded that people stand on the course and slow the runners down a bit. I liked all this, but you might find it annoying as well.

Here´s my race report: http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/entries/berlin-marathon-2012-barfuß.993/
And here´s an English version of jlubkolls report: http://www.hv23.net/2012/10/39th-berlin-marathon-finished-barefoot/

Have fun! And tell us about it afterswards.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon