barefooter from downunder

bwild68

Barefooters
Jul 10, 2012
Hi guys,
I've finally joined up BRS been checking it out for awhile now and picking up some great info.
I'm from Bendigo in Victoria, and have been using minimalist shoes for about a year and have been barefooting training all this year with a group called Bendigo Barefoot. We train once a week at 6:15 on a Monday morning to get the week off to a good start, although the frosty mornings have been a challenge. Our training is on grass and of late a synthetick hockey field which doesn't quite freeze over, I've just started doing a few short barefoot runs on the bitumen road out the front of my house, quite different sensation, so I'll keep at the short distances for a bit longer. I have the crazy idea of being able to do an ultra barefoot one day, so the ultra forum will become a favorite I think.
cheers for now brendan

Welcome, bwild!

Howdy! :D

Have you run an ultra with shoes before?

Hi BFwillie_g no I haven't :) I've done a marathon with shoes, and am planning on working up to another with minimal shoes again, I did one last year with not enough months/k's in the minimal shoes and ended up with very sore feet.(and knees) Also want to work up my barefoot k's and try a shorter distance race barefoot. I prefer running on trails rather than on the roads but my feet need to be a lot tougher before I head off to a trail, I've also read its easier to start on roads, but also reading KB Saxtons book and he recommends just starting on the stones so my driveway should suffice;)
cheers