Barefoot Runner Takes Cops On Two-Hour Chase

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
From: http://running.competitor.com/2011/12/news/barefoot-runner-takes-cops-on-two-hour-chase_44157

Barefoot Runner Takes Cops On Two-Hour Chase

Updated: Dec 23rd 2011 8:04 AM UTC by News

He left wet footprints all over the place.

It's unclear what the police wanted with the barefoot-running fugitive. Photo: PhotoRun.net

There was some barefoot running drama in Mooloolaba, Australia on Wednesday when a persevering runner took police on an exhasting chase that had him running under cars and paddling across canals.

The suspect was dressed only in blue pants and it’s not entirely clear what he had done wrong. He allegedly put something in his pants before being approached by the police and then fled the scene.

Police used dogs to track the runner and left wet footprints on the concrete.

“What are you filming me for?” he asked bystanders who tried to film him. One witness took note that apparently was carrying a cell phone and calling people while he was running. Nearly two hours into the search, police were unable to track him down. Besides running and swimming, the fit fugitive was even seen rolling under cars.

At one point the police thought they had their man at a residence, and were seen interviewing two residents, but they ultimately came up empty handed.

Does anybody know who this

Does anybody know who this guy is? Unlike the Barefoot Bandit, it doesn't look like he was doing anything wrong, except doing a little parkour and running barefoot...which is OH SO WRONG! HA!

Ok, this is it people. The

Ok, this is it people. The shoe police are out and in full force. Be prepared!

LOL.  But, if the police are

LOL. But, if the police are after you and you run, I do believe that in itself can be a ticketed offense. At least in Texas. Not sure the laws there of course. I know it is cliche, but USUALLY... if you run you did something wrong. But if I was in charge of those cops, I'd be on their ass to get in better shape and not get outrun.

But from reading the story,

But from reading the story, it seems this guy was clueless as to what was going on and why he was being videotaped. He can't help it that he is that much faster than them, and they couldn't keep up; and he can't help it that since he was so much faster than them he didn't even know they were chasing him.

The bit about putting something in his pocket is BS because even the bystanders said he was calling people on his cell phone; so after the fact, they should have at least figured out that the object he put in his pocket was the cell phone, or some GU, or some chia, or some...