Barefoot friendly floor at home?

Danny D

Barefooters
Nov 12, 2015
I really don't like flat hard floor, and neither does my plantar fasciitus. Resolved the issue by making a path out of old clothes, shoes and other random stuff from one side of my apartment to the other. The uneven surface gets all the little muscles in the foot working, and in general just feels way better.

The solution above is great for a bachelor who doesn't really mind his apartment looking like a crack den, but I can't see this being a viable long term option. Have any of you come up with more sensible options, or do you just settle for a nice practical carpet?

Reactions: Danny D
The plantar fasciitus has mostly gone now (FINALLY), so its not so much about necessity as it would be about comfort. I'll keep the uneven flagstone idea in mind for the distant future, would be pretty sweet.

I must admit that I have always hated flat surfaces. I used to be much more comfortable running 15k through forest with orienteering shoes than 15k on asphalt in any amount of cushioning.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I hate flat surfaces at home as well. Tiles or laminate flooring are especially annoying.
This is what has been working for me.
It is the cheap carpet protector plastic mat. I lay it down on a hard flooring with the pointy side facing up.
Walking on that gives you the proper sole stimulation.
Clear-Carpet-Protector-Mat.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7