Austin, TX

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
I have been posting much more over at RW and still will a little, but it seems every time it is interesting, someone gets suddenly banned. So I am trying this place out. I basically was injured in the military and told I should not run again and I'd have a cane by 30 (I was 24, now I'm 29). I started trying to run again in January and got injured again quick. I went minimalist, and then barefoot, and now I do both and am up to an average of 45 or so miles a week right now, running a marathon this weekend, and Rocky Raccoon 50 miler in Feb. I took to barefoot and minimalist very quick and I think a lot of that has to do with training in martial arts most my life.

Happy to be here.

Oh, and I believe Texas is the greatest state to have ever existed on earth, with the greatest flagship university in this history of mankind.

TEXAS! FIGHT!!!

Well let me be the first to

Well let me be the first to welcome you! Rocky Raccoon 50 huh? Awesome! Im sure TJ will be by shortly to give you the official welcome, in the mean time enjoy the KoolAid!

good for you and welcome. 50

good for you and welcome. 50 huh? damn. i'm not ready for the M yet with two years of steady running and you're doing 50? damn kids.

Well, I have not done it yet.

Well, I have not done it yet. I plan on wearing Trail Gloves to that. Chaser will be barefoot, I believe. I've just got one small kid, but my work is great about giving us time off to work out so we have another ultra runner and several marathoners.

Welcome, Tex!  Glad to have

Welcome, Tex! Glad to have you here at the forum that kicks all other forums' asses!

Speaking of getting your ass

Speaking of getting your ass kicked, I got mine kicked by a Texas tornado once while I was driving from California (Bay Area) to Kentucky to visit family one summer. It happened in McLean in my brand new, barely one month old 1991 Firebird too! Picked the whole car up and threw us nearly out from under the bridge we were hiding under, while punching a hole the size of Texas in my back window. Cost about $7,000 in insurance money to restore it back to "new." :cry:

Respect Texas!

Dave:At no charge to you,

Dave:

At no charge to you, I'm copying my "Texas welcome speech" from Chaser's site for posterity, and to give you something to fall back on as needed:

" Welcome from the Federal Republic of Texas. You're welcome to all the swaggering bluster you can carry. Your friends in Tennessee will still always be there to save your butt when you get into something the biggest, baddest, rootin-tootinist cowboys in Texas can't handle. It's just what we do, bless your hearts.

And welcome to the site - we're glad to have you here with us."

As a fellow vet (I'm assuming you don't mean "animal doctor" by the way, which could be a mistake on my part), you might need some fire support one day. But that is a great tagline at the bottom of all your posts!

@TJ  - wow! must have been

@TJ - wow! must have been scary! When I lived in North Texas, tornados were a part of life. I nearly had my car blown off a bridge one time (actually, it was a 1998 Firebird Formula) and had to run and hide in a 711 and spend the entire time arguing with the clerk who did not want my dog to come inside. Then my dog pooped on the floor and I was like, well that's the worst that can happen, so get over it!

@Phil - as soon as those men walked across the border into God's country, they had a new citizenship. They were citizens of a great young nation, which would become the heart and soul of another soon to be great nation very soon. And, I'm assuming you are talking about Davy... he really did not save us from anything... he lost his battle! Any now these modern scholars, probably from Oklahoma or some yankee state, claim her surrendered!

And no, not an animal doctor. Though they probably have to deal with less horse $hit than we did. Wait. Can we cuss in here?

Hey! My great, great, great,

Hey! My great, great, great, whatever, grand uncle is Davy Crockett, and no those transplanted Tennesseans, a.k.a, new Texans didn't win, but considering their numbers, they put up a hell of a fight!

Cussin's fine as long as it's mild...and you cover it up like you did above. Oh! And don't do it all the time! ;-)

Welcome Dave from another Vet

Welcome Dave from another Vet who was told he'd never run again as well! Glad to see we can prove them wrong! Good luck on that 50, I can't even imagine being able to do that yet. I'm just hoping to be able to do a half mary this next summer...

Dave:Davy and the TN boys

Dave:

Davy and the TN boys fixed the Mexican army in place long enough to allow the US Army to converge on it and destroy it, like any good scout is tasked with doing. Just giving you a hard time on both counts.

And you can swear at your own risk. TJ will smack you right down if you do it too often, or too rudely, or too violently. Thanks for serving, and I'm glad you've found BFR like me. It's good to run again, and it's a lot more fun.

OH HELLLLL NO! US ARMY? THAT

OH HELLLLL NO! US ARMY? THAT WAS THE TEXAS ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!

As long as I get smacked down or warned before banned, I can at least fix it. You never know your limits until you push them.

If I don't smack you down,

If I don't smack you down, someone else will; we have lots of forum moderators over here, and they get to know who the recklooses are pretty quickly. :steve:

Actually, come to think of

Actually, come to think of it, we've only ever banned one member before, and I think chased two more away. Ha! Not bad for just two years.

Yeah... But I did just start

Yeah... But I did just start posting here more... lol!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon