Article: Member Blog of the Week - Holy Calamity, Scream Insanity! By Joshh

"there's a bed of nails and a fire, up there a bit"

That is just great ! :lol:

Congrats on the run, that must have been hardcore.

I ran in Forest park yesterday, started on the north end, thank god the road was not frozen, had a tough time to negotiate the gravel as it was at warmer temperature.

So that would have been the Newberry access to the Wildwood trail then? Beautiful trail with a lot less people. Migangelo and I ran the opposite end of Wildwood yesterday and were sliding all over the place in the mud. It's been slopped up by all the foot traffic but still lots of fun. :)

Very cool. I haven't run mid Forest Park yet, just the northernmost and southernmost ends. From the highlighted trail it looks like you started or finished on Germantown road? Thurman St. is the only way I've accessed Leif Erikson. The nice thing about the Thurman St access is that it lets you get quickly off the fireroad and onto a bunch of really nice trails.

We went for a run this past Sunday from his house. He lives in Forest Park so getting to the trails was only about 300 ft or so. No problem. It was around 3:30 in the afternoon and a little cold. The small patch of the trail head is torn up asphalt and gravel. Let me tell you kids it's painful, especialy when your feet are cold.

About 50 yards of that and it got better. We ran up hill to run past Pittock Mansion. It was a long ways up hill and it did me in. I ran the whole way and we did slip in the mud going downhill. When we had to go back up hill i had nothing left. Josh just kept on going and ran back to check on me.

It was a tough run and continuing to run from there is either gonna kill me or hopefully make me stronger.

Mike

Haha, it'll make you stronger for sure! Quit playing yourself down Mike, you were charging too. That was the most slippery run I have ever been on I think. Kind of adds yet another new dimension to the running experience. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon