Appalachian barefoot kids

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Appalachian barefoot kids
IMG_2024-04-04-104040.png

Reactions: Random
Reminds me of my childhood. Not everyone was barefoot a lot, but I was.

I remember an aunt when I was between 10-13 years old. I think we were at a family reunion. We were all at at uncle's house, and his wife sent a cousin (one of her boys) and me to the store to get some ice milk (that probably dates me. For those too young to know, ice milk was ice cream with less fat in it, so it was cheaper to buy). As we headed out, this aunt I originally mentioned reprimanded me by telling me that they didn't go into the store barefoot in that town. She made it sound like we would get kicked out. We went anyway. I was concerned, but no one in the store cared that a couple of kids had walked in barefoot. We got the ice milk and went home. No problems.

• Love
Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Reminds me of my childhood. Not everyone was barefoot a lot, but I was.

I remember an aunt when I was between 10-13 years old. I think we were at a family reunion. We were all at at uncle's house, and his wife sent a cousin (one of her boys) and me to the store to get some ice milk (that probably dates me. For those too young to know, ice milk was ice cream with less fat in it, so it was cheaper to buy). As we headed out, this aunt I originally mentioned reprimanded me by telling me that they didn't go into the store barefoot in that town. She made it sound like we would get kicked out. We went anyway. I was concerned, but no one in the store cared that a couple of kids had walked in barefoot. We got the ice milk and went home. No problems.
I think it's true that adults don't look at barefoot kids the same way they look at barefoot adults. Adults are disgusting, and children are overlooked. The stigma is ugly and negative unfortunately,

Reactions: Random

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7