American Ninja Warrior

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
G4 played American Ninja Warrior tonight. Of the 10 finalist to go to Japan to compete on the courses there, one of them wore Vibram FiveFingers. Very cool!

We've been watching ANW for the past 4 to 5 years, and basically these kids are parkour athletes when it comes down to it. Very impressive stuff. A lot of them train barefooted too!

Here's one wearing VFF

Here's one wearing VFF Sprints. This one wasn't a finalist, I don't think.

American-Ninja-Warrior-Competitor-attempts-the-daunting-Jumping-Bars.jpg

This one looks like he has on some sort of split toe or VFFs.

American-Ninja-Warrior-Competitor-takes-on-the-Spider-Jump.jpg

I love that show!! whenever

I love that show!! whenever it comes on im completely glued to the TV... I remember watching the final rounds in the overseas competition, that course was insane...

Apparently, no one, not even

Apparently, no one, not even a Japanese contestant has made it through the 3rd phase of the finals. It is insane. The finger wall is what kills 'em all.

I thought I remembered seeing

I thought I remembered seeing one guy make it through. there was a finger wall, then a wall that looked like a peg board and the contestants were given 2 12" almuminum spikes to make their way across with, and I think I remember something about a really really REALLY long vertical rope climb?

Nope.  That must have been

Nope. That must have been stage 2 or something else. The commentator even joked that "the American Ninja was now extinct" (but didn't bother saying no Japanese contestant ever completed the 3rd phase of this new course either).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon