What are those...?

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
...on your feet! I asked the guy as he ran by me on the trail this morning. He replied "I'm working my way up to you!"

I was BF on my regular 5 mile loop from my front door and he was the first VFF wearer I've seen since last year. I could tell he was in Min shoes of some sort from 200 yards away because he was running "right" with posture and cadence. Pretty cool, I think.

BTW, is it just me or are BF worse than shoes for that slithery slime a flood leaves on the trail. I could hardly walk on it let alone run. The big puddles were fun, but that sludge nearly did for me.

Well...except for that

Well...except for that wonderful, slimey, oozey feeling...perhaps.

Usually I can tell VFF

Usually I can tell VFF runners from a distance. But the one I met had no appreciation for my running barefoot :-(

Last week I almost did a head plant after sliding in a puddle. The bottom was this slippery mess you're talking about. It took away some of the fun of running in puddles.

I just learned about slick

I just learned about slick and slimy=going nowhere fast on Sunday. I did the Warrior Dash, and the entries/exits of the wet obstacles were super tough. No amount of toe digging could propel me out.

Did the shoddies have an

Did the shoddies have an advantage at those points in the course?

Lomad, where did you do it?

Lomad,

where did you do it? Oregon or Ohio 2? i was in oregon on saturday and the only one there. at least while i was there. i went early to avoid a wet, muddy course. i got out of the water really easy. the mud pit at the end, now that was different. the announcer was there and pointed me out to the crowd. making fun of how i was about to be passed by some women. i almost told him i don't mind, it's a great view! amazingly i kept my mouth shut. i slid a few times trying to climb out. i finally went to the side as it was a little smaller and made it out. i slid after that out of control. the only advantage the shoddies had was getting out of the mud pit. once out of it though everyone had to slide because it was so slippery.

Mike

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon