Wear running shoes to a barefoot running clinic? Huh?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Running Your Best, Training and Technique will be a two part series hosted by The Outfitter of Harbor Springs featuring guest speaker Damon Whitfield of Tim Bondy Physical Therapy. A lecture will be held on Tuesday, September 13 at 7 p.m. at The Outfitter on injury prevention, hydration, nutrition, mechanics, form and more. A clinic will be held on Tuesday, September 20 at 7 p.m. at Zorn Park on technique and barefoot running (wear running shoes). Open to all. Admission is a food item/s for the Harbor Springs Area Community Food Pantry. For more info contact The Outfitter at 153 E. Main Street or visit ww.outfitterharborsprings.com.

Am I missing something? I WAS going to post this to the calendar but not so sure I can get behind this one.

First "barefoot" shoes, and

First "barefoot" shoes, and now running barefoot in shoes.

Is a company going to come up with a boat anchor type shoe and call it a barefoot shoe? Are people running in it going to casually mention that they now run barefoot?

It's getting a little ridiculous lately.

Hey MI folks, what % of the attendees at the GR Naked Foot 5K ON THE GRASS were TRUE BAREFOOT?

Actually, Gent, I think we're

Actually, Gent, I think we're coming out of the closest. I saw four barefoot runners (one was mostly walking, he said) in just 8 or 9 days a week ago. And here I had been the only one for the last three years, other than Rex, but he moved away.