The Life of an (Injured) Runner

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
That sounds like the guy I

That sounds like the guy I work with! His left knee has bothered him since he ran his half-marathon back in April. He thinks I'm crazy, but won't try anything new. He's struggling with completing 2 miles without stopping right now!

-Jonny

And that sounds exactly like

And that sounds exactly like a friend I "try" to run with. She's always switching her shoes and trying something new, but won't give even minimal shoes a try. Yet, so much of the time when I call her to see if she wants to run, she's injured, her knee hurts, her hip hurts. I told her it was getting old, and I was going to start a thread here talking about just her and her conformity to so-called "social norms." Ha! Hopefully, she reads this. Hey, I'll send her that video!

Ugh. My wife is like that,

Ugh. My wife is like that, too. She used to run a lot--she loves it--but because of a herniated disc and other issues, she hasn't run in two years.

She will not take any advice seriously that does not come from a medical professional, so obviously, she's not going to get any advice to go minimal. Never mind that I suffered from plantar's fasciitis, shin splints, and back pain when I ran in regular running shoes, and all those problems have disappeared since going barefoot/minimal. She makes up all kinds of reasons why she should not.

If anyone has any good advice or links to helpful sites, I'd appreciate it.

Refer her to our Ask the Docs

Refer her to our Ask the Docs Forum here at the BRS. All three of these men are highly educated in their fields, AND they all run barefoot.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7