Support for this site doesn't come free.

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Our developer has started a new support program. He can no longer answer questions or fix a quick problem here or there for free. Understandably, we have and should have to pay for this service. The service is for support only, not any coding that we would need done in the future.

I have asked myself over and over again, do we need to incur this expense? I have been honest with myself, and I am being honest with you. Yes, we need this service. I am unable to run this entire site, front-end and back-end, on my own. XenForo is still a newish platform, and as you can see, it's a very clean one. In order to keep it clean, we need to keep it up-to-date and running without glitches. There are some things about XenForo that are out of the realm of my experience. There are a lot of things we need done to the site, tweaks, fixes, etc., (beyond the development work we have already paid for that is pending) that would make running this site easier.

The thing is, we need more funding to cover the monthly fee of around 50 pounds; that's ~$80 per month (~$960 per year) that will fluctuate depending on market forces.

If you can afford to make a donation, we sure can use it now. Thank you.

Support Your Club

verification_seal.png

Again, if you have back-end web skills and would like to contribute to the BRS in this way, please contact me.

Any opposition to this service? Can anyone help me out?

If the service is needed, then it's needed, right?

I made a donation. Thanks for all that you do!

Do all members automatically see these announcements, when they log in to the website?
For me, Tapatalk simply shows every new thread from each forum.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Thank you for your donation, Sid. You're always appreciated.

This forum acts like all of the other forums. If there's a new thread or post, it's highlighted. If people can select the What's New? link, then they will see all that is new. That's the way I read the new stuff, along with checking out my Alerts, and it really covers everything on the site. Of course, if someone isn't interested in something that's highlighted, all they have to do is ignore it, then when they are done reading through what they are interested in, they can select the Mark Forums Read link to start all over. I know you know this, but just in case someone new is reading this, now they will know it too.

For announcements that are critical, I can create a temporary banner at the top that is enabled until you guys read it. Once you've read it, it won't show again for you. Then I can disable the notice once I've felt it's had enough life.

Reactions: Sid
Thank you, Phil.

Reactions: Phil Hart

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts