Sudden sore forefoot, any advice would be awesome

quick 2 questions paleo:1)

quick 2 questions paleo:

1) the doctor mentioned the possibility of the boot if my foot doesn't start to show improvement by friday, the problem is its been hurting for weeks now and i have no clue how much improvement is enough. do you have any thoughts about that?

2) would you suggest wearing shoes or going barefoot. both sides have good argument to em. i figure your experience can give insight.

thanks a million, Barefoot Kean

I would opt for the boot, and

I would opt for the boot, and only the boot.

So, do you run barefoot or minimal? What percentage of each? Can you recall at all when and how this could have happened to you?

Abide: the doctor pushed,

Abide: the doctor pushed, poked, and pulled on my foot for awhile until he found a localized point where it really hurt. then x-rays were taken and i was informed.

TJ: I run primarily barefoot, like 99% of the time. I have no memory of hurting my foot the day it was initially fractured, which really makes me wonder what the h#$l i did. however, i do have a guess. Because of winter and my lack of funds to buy some nice minimalist shoes before the weather started to get nice again i was wearing shoes an embarrassing amount. on top of that i HATE running indoors, so i pretty much stopped running over winter as well, those two factors probably weakened my foot. then the weather got nice and i started going barefoot again, everywhere. so my guess on how i hurt myself is that at some point during that day i musta simply pushed my foot to hard than what it was ready for because my mindset still said my feet were in shape. on the bright side of things i have learned much from this experience.

It is a learning experience. 

It is a learning experience. It seems that each winter, I run less than I did over the summer, so come spring, I find that I am having to ramp up my miles slowly. The lesson here is, when you've been away from barefoot running for whatever reason, always ramp back up slowly to it (running or walking), and ditch the boat anchors once and for all! ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7