Stretching?

Haha, yeah lucky for me my

Haha, yeah lucky for me my "boss" doesn't mind.

I agree Zap, I have been

I agree Zap, I have been having issues with my lower back for a while now. Then I came across someone recommending to stretch out your hamstrings help with lower back pain. It has worked wonders. I stretch religiously 2-3 times a day now before or after a workout.

ok....been off for a

ok....been off for a while...and if my skimming of the thread results in redundancy, I appolgize now....first....maybe someone who isn't as tired tonight can find and link my article on stretching I wrote last year, I would appreciate it ;-)

Here's the dilly....yes, do what your body "feels" like doing....and if it's working...keep doing it....no reason to switch it up, unless it stops working

HOWEVER....stretching actively before the run works the muscles in the opposite way in which you intend to use them...WARM UP YES.....active stretch, not so much....

AFTER A RUN....stretch, slowly, controlled, and actively....this will do two things: 1) help to release lactic acid and any chemical buildups in the mucsles wich aids in recovery and 2)it will help to continue to strengthen the muscle and relax it, allowing the body to "learn" to stay relaxed during activity

cold muscles do not stretch effectively, warm muscles stretch well....tired muscles even better....over time, greater relaxation during stressful situations will increase your efficenciey. I can't tell you how many runners I work with in my yoga studio who can't touch their toes due to tight hams....and how many deal consistently with a tight SI band and IT band issues.....I am convinced that a regular routine will keep this from happening...

I'm on the verge of re-writing the previous article, so I will stop now ;-).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon