Running in Colder Temperatures, foot temperature

To mix up two threads, I did

To mix up two threads, I did my first set of 100 Ups (Minor) before I ran this morning. The temp was about 36F and I was toasty warm as I headed out.

I did realize that I was underdressed as I got to about 6 miles out and turned into the wind on my way home. My chest got COLD! I remembered from last year that a simple wind -proof or -resistant vest worked really well to help regulate core temps. When I got warm I'd just unzip and let the wind in, and then zip up as I cooled.

layering of any kind helps in

layering of any kind helps in the cold. I ran all last winter using a compression t-shirt, long sleeve tech shirt and a cotton t-shirt over the top. I was pretty (and surprisingly) toasty all winter. I don't remember ever getting cold until after a run was over and we stood around for 10 minutes!

I wear a warm cap, enough

I wear a warm cap, enough layers to keep my chest warm, gloves, compression shorts, calf sleeves and socks. Once I get a sweat going or warmed up enough, I pull the socks off. That seems to speed up the process for me and I can usually get my feet warm in a mile or so. Last time I went with no socks, it took more like 2-2.5 miles before I had normal ground feel.

It's also better when running in sun light or ground that's been warmed by the sun, vs shadded areas for me.

I hate the cold though, so I may be throwing on my new Adams for running outside and bucket training for the winter, (which in Texas is January - Feb! Bwaaahahaa!! I love this state!!)

-Jonny

I use sports wrist band to

I use sports wrist band to cover the ankles as well, they work like a charm.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway