Question about my calf

Barefoot Cassie

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2010
I have been stretching it and rolling it out multiple times a day. I use some heat on it before hand and a bit of icing after. I have been keeping it wrapped. It feels pretty much back to normal just a few twinges here and there. My doc said no running for 6 - 8 weeks which would put me at Feb. 14th for 6 weeks.

I really want to go on a short run now to see how it is....is this a really bad idea?

yes.  if it's hurt stay off

yes. if it's hurt stay off of it and give it all the time it needs to heal. you are just starting to feel the effects of inflammation wearing off and are not better if you are supposed to be holding off till mid feb. keep resting and make sure you are healed so that you have no setbacks when you get the go ahead to "test" it later on.

One thing I have found that

One thing I have found that helps is to get some Arnica cream and rub it in with thumbs and fingers. I usually notice a difference fairly quickly.

Another is to lay on my stomach and have my husband use the Arnica and use his thumbs to rub from Achilles tendon all the way up to the back of my knee with pretty good pressure about 30 times each calf. This also helps for the upper leg.

He's such a sweety and always a help with such things
love.png

If you are feeling much better I would still check with your doc to be sure before you do any running so you don't wreck your spring time running. Best to be sure!!! SAFE IS GOOD!

I am sending you some good energy as I write.

Peace,

Peanut

Barefoot Cassie wrote: It

Barefoot Cassie said:
It feels pretty much back to normal just a few twinges here and there.

I think you should probably wait till the twinges go away. Not so say that is what I'd actually do, but that would be the smartest thing.

I just felt what seemed like

I just felt what seemed like a tear in my left calf during my 5 miler yesterday. Again. Last episode was about a month ago and I was off it for a week, after which it seemed fine. What causes this kind of thing?!

I'm thinking I might try those compression legging thingies. I prefer less to more of anything when I run, but if it will stop these painful and awkward musculochies, I might be willing to spend the $ and bear the aesthetic pain

As of the beginning of March

As of the beginning of March my calves and the rest of me are doing fine. I'm managing without the compression thingies. All is well as of right now. I hope it continues so. Insh'allah.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon