Not really a lotion kind of guy but....

Dry skin tends to easily crack open and it seems that it never heals I have never have the cracked skin problem beacause I ALWAYS use lotion-everyday...that's right.

I have a strong history of bad reactions to lotions, so I have stuck to olive oil most of the time. Sometimes I get brave and try a lotion, but it is partucularly risky if the skin is broken or otherwise inflammed. Oil on the feet, is, well, slippery and messy around the house!

I get cracked finger tips in dry winter weather and find that rather counter-intuitively what really helps is Tiger Balm, powerful mentholated Chinese stuff that comes in tiny jars. The first microsecond is a bit like you smeared chilli on it, then you get a kind of warm tingle and the pain is gone. The cracks seem to heal much faster with it. I also have a pot of some stuff specially for feet which is more gentle but has a similar smell and effect - Pilgrims balm, made by French Nuns.

Reactions: happysongbird
I also find with my fingers that upping the fat in my diet has a good effect.
ha ha ha, I have been eating sooo much butter and bacon since I've been running more miles! But I am glad for the reinforcement on that, because I am still craving it!:woot:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7