New Member?

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Now THAT is funny!

How are you doing, Board?

How are you doing, Board?

I can hijack my own thread, right TJ?
I ran a mile twice in March, and again twice in April with today being that fourth run . Four miles in two months, but things could be worse I guess.
I've been riding a few miles on my newly modified old bike w/ ape hangers allowing for that upright body position and slightly heads down neck positioning.
I'll be seeing a few more docs at a tertiary care facility (University of Michigan) but it's looking like the real question is whether or not I go under the knife for major surgery soon or can put it off for a while without risking additional permanent damage.
I only today returned to the BRS site feeling like a runner again following my barefoot mile.
You know the feeling.....

I know the feeling, but it's starting to elude me. I have not been doing well. Here's what I posted elsewhere yesterday about me, if I can cry on your shoulder:

I think I am regressing, actually, getting worse. I will be seeing a neurologist on the 19th and then after that, they will schedule an EMG to test my nerve function. I have developed severe pains in my wrists, fingers (mostly the thumbs), and the muscles in and around my thumbs and the palms of my hands. I can't open a jar or a can anymore without great stabbing pains. My hands cramp all the time. My son handed me a loaf of bread last night at dinner, and my wrist felt like it was nearly going to snap off. It could be carpal-tunnel (which is also a nerve disorder), but it doesn't feel like the carpal-tunnel I had before. It's certain movements of the wrists that trigger the pain. Strange I can type though with very little pain, although the pain is still there. I guess it's because I have my wrists lying down in front of my laptop's keyboard.

My feet are not getting any better. I thought they were a couple weeks back or so. I tried to walk a little outside about three nights ago, and I got about four houses away and decided to turn back. My toes are not burning and throbbing as much at night as they were, since I have been to massage therapy to have the scar tissue broken up. Over the past week and a half, I've only had two bad nights of burning and throbbing in the toes (always on both feet, at night while trying to sleep), which is good, but since she's been working out the scar tissue, we have now discovered two more neuromas (on the left foot, of course, as that's always been the worst foot!) I don't know if the massage therapy is setting the neuromas off or creating them. I now feel like I have lumps under my middle toe (and now starting on my right middle toe too) where there is no nerve, so how is that possible? I don't know if they are being reformed or if the doctor didn't take out as much of the nerve as he possibly could. I can't sit Indian-style or the tissue in my toes and balls of my feet hardens up, and I can't sleep on my tummy for the same reason. My toes, even when idle, feel as though they could "pop" under pressure, like there's a lot of compression going on. Understandably, the scars on my skin itch, but that's not a problem. But when my toes touch one another, I can feel them scratching one another. I was getting where I could be on my feet for longer periods of time before pain and numbness became really uncomfortable (unbearable after too long), but now, if I just take two steps, the nerves are firing. In many ways, it's a lot worse now than it was before the surgery. I'm screwed. Now, I'm just trying to come to terms with it. Will I be crippled for life? I've been through so much, I just don't see a light at the end for me.

Incoming

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway

Latest posts