mccubbins gulch scramble mini race report

Boy this was a pretty tough one. Started with a half mile on a nasty gravel road where I quickly fell into last place. Then: up and down mountainsides in a forest full of broken trees and angular rocks, plus 5 or 10 stream crossings where the bottom was not visible. And (to make a long story short) I found I kind of knew what I was doing, and I gradually worked myself back into "the field." Only got one cut in the entire 6 miles, and it was on the top of my foot. Finished feeling totally strong. Still on track for my goal of doing all the X-dog races this year barefoot. Haven't seen my time yet for today's race but I don't really need to -- this was about as good as I could do and still party afterwards. Off to Montana now, see you all in a week or two.

have fun. it was pouring down

have fun. it was pouring down rain here in town all day so i can imagine it was on the mt as well.

Mike

That's great, Stomper. 

That's great, Stomper. Sounded difficult, but you pulled through, and now have the memories of doing so. I hope you put together an x-Dog summary report once you've completed them all. I think that would be really interesting.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon