Looking for an all around minimal fitness/activity shoe?

Gent:I like my Altra Adams,

Gent:

I like my Altra Adams, and they look more like "normal" shoes than VFFs; they also don't keep the enforced separation between the toes that VFFs insist on due to their design. The best description of them for me is "VFFs without toe pockets." The lack of toe separation also provides a little more toe protection than VFFs.

I figured MGBG would say that

I figured MGBG would say that after his glowing review yesterday of the Komodosports! Lol! I personally would second the Altra Adams as well. So far they are my favorite all around shoe. I really don't run in them much except maybe a half mile to a mile when it's cold and wet out so I can get the blood flowing before exposing my bare soles to the cold wet ground.

Ive thought about buying some

Ive thought about buying some Merrells to wear where wear would occur like on a weir while weilding welded weights which would weigh well over the ware which I had crafted the week before in pottery class.

Adam, when the Merrell Road

Adam, when the Merrell Road Gloves come out they'd probably be pretty good multi-sport shoes as well. I'm just thinking about shoes with a decent amount of traction on them for changing directions (good court shoes). I don't think the Altra Adam qualifies there...it's got about as much traction as a KSO.

Another shoe I just got yesterday that seems somewhat promising in the grip department...the ZEM O2.

Saypay's suggestion is the

Saypay's suggestion is the opposite of what I would've given. For athletic court floors, I'd say the Adam and KSO each have a traction advantage over the Merrell Road Glove. The Merrell tread looks to have like only 50 percent of the surface contact area that the smooth treads have. Less surface contact means less traction.

Nyah, I would have to say I

Nyah, I would have to say I agree for when on a court of some kind. If you're going to be outside on on the dirt the Merrells would have more traction. It really depends on your uses that you need the footwear for.

Awsome Gentile!  Have you had

Awsome Gentile! Have you had any of the other styles of vff's? I'm curious because I've tried nearly all of the styles and my toes don't fit in any of them very well, but the komodosports almost fit because they have slightly larger toes. Do the Komodosport LS's have big toes in comparison to like the KSO or Bikila? Thanks!

Hey Nick, I have a 3 year

Hey Nick,

I have a 3 year old pair of KSO's and a pair of sprints. I have a bit of a morton's toe as well, my pinky toe has tons of room in all 3 pairs that I have, but it never has been an issue. The KSO's fit better than the sprints, and I think the Komodo's will fit even better than the KSO's. And yes I do notice the toe pockets to have a bit more room, and more of comfortable fitting on the toes, if you ask me.

Something about the material they use on the Komodo's that just gives a nice, snug comfortable fit. Plus I have never been a fan of wearing socks with Vibrams, the Komodos are seemless which is awesome. I can see these being a great shoe for winter running as well, not sure how they will react when wet, but just from wearing them around for a bit they will definitely be warmer than the KSO's.

I am kind of biased though, out of all the minimal footwear out there I am a dedicated Vibram fan.

I tried to like the KSO's and

I tried to like the KSO's and Komodosports I had but my toes didn't fit right and so weren't able to move right which caused pain in the top of my feet. It was amazing how fast that pain would go away when I took off the vff's.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7