Jingas Minimal Shoes. The soles feel more minimal than VFFs

Barefoot Larry

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Ocean, NC
I just recieved my Jingas minimal shoes. The sole of these shoes are thinner than VFFs. Jingas combine an ultra-light upper with a slim line sole for maximum flexibility and lightness. Jingas slim sole offers all the feelings of going barefoot but with great styling and fun! These feel like they engage more foot and leg muscles than standard shoes. These shoes are made in Brazil. I paid US $60 for these shoes from a shoe company website in the UK http://www.lovethoseshoes.com as I can't find any US distributors. These are good quality shoes and they are very light and flexible. The sole is flat. These shoes offer no support at all which I like. They are washable. I wore these shoes all day, and they have a "barefoot" feel to them. The sole is thin enough that I can feel the ground with them. They’re not so good for wearing in the rain as they’re not waterproof so please be nice to them and wear your welly boots on rainy days! I did not try running in these because I can't run in shoes, but they do feel like they would make a good minimalist shoe for running. I will be using these shoes for going to work because they have no support and will keep my foot muscles strong. Click the link for sizing chart. http://www.lovethoseshoes.com/cart/SizeChart/size_JINGA.htm Excerpt from Jingas The slimline sole of Jingas means that your feet are encouraged to move ‘naturally’. Too much cushioning means we lose touch with the real impact our feet make on the ground, and walk as if we have weights on the end of our legs. Wearing Jingas makes sure you literally have your feet on the ground, you can feel the different parts of the foot engage with the ground and start to use the muscles in your feet as nature intended, giving a Brazilian spring to your step!

small Shoe (2).JPG
small Shoe.JPG

They do look majorly minimal.

They do look majorly minimal. Thanks for sharing.

you running in them at all

you running in them at all Larry? how to they measure up?

Wow 60 bucks for minimalist

Wow 60 bucks for minimalist shoes thats pretty affordable and they look like they would cost a lot more. How much is shipping to the US? Or did u pay 60 bucks including shipping for the shoes?

I believe the shipping was 5

I believe the shipping was 5 dollars US for one pair of Jingas, because they are so light. lovethoseshoes.com offers that shipping rate. I still haven't tried them for running, but wear them to work everyday. They are holding up!

ok, so Jinga or VFF something

ok, so Jinga or VFF something or other for cold weather running? Lay it on my Larry, will I be able to do these things in the single digits over top of ice and snow? You know I've been wanting a pair of these, for zumba if anything though would love it if I could use them for both.

Nice I'm seriously

Nice I'm seriously considering getting a pair. Yeah seems like a good idea to just use them when barefoot is not an option. Gives u the benefits of going barefoot during your daily routine and they look pretty stylish too. Thanks for the heads up.

larry what's the toe room

larry what's the toe room like? i work in a clinic and sometimes i need a break from all the vff questions. the only problem is i dont wear any other minimal shoes. i like the look and idea behind these but if the toes are tight at all i'm out because i have wide fore foot.

A tight toe box will give you

A tight toe box will give you neuromas (Morton's Neuroma), so be very careful with that.

I find the toe box very

I find the toe box very flexible. I was trying to demonstrate the flexibility with the pics of the sole roled up. The toe box doesn't feel tight at all. I don't even feel it. I have been using these at work. I had my first casualty, I stubbed my toe, and these are so minimal, it hurt as if I was barefoot OUCH OUCH!!!

I think you may freeze in single digits with these. They are very breathable and offer no insulation.

JIMMY HART, how wide of a toebox do you need? I will measure mine. Mine are a US size 11. The toe area is flexible enought that it is wider than the sole.

i dont need a ton of space

i dont need a ton of space but say a nike toe box is not gonna fit my toes in there. i was just wanting see if the toes have room to splay when you step so that they are getting the work they should and not just sitting in a bunch at the front of the shoe. i can definitely see the flexibility in your pics and i appreciate all the info. i just dont want to order something that i will get and say "aww man they're great but they have no room"

Hi all, hope you don't mind

Hi all, hope you don't mind me bumping this post because some people were looking for minimal shoes for work.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7