japanese schools

Sly

Chapter Presidents
Oct 8, 2013
Vila Nova de Milfontes, Portugal
I've been only once to Japan,
I remember it was a strong obligation to take off your shoes when entering at someone's flat.

what to think about such an article ? it seems almost too much to be serious, and the author of the article doesnt give the reference of the study...

http://www.skeanie.com.au/blog/barefoot-in-japan/40

"The result of the study was the barefoot kids had higher grades, much lower absenteeism, less frequency of colds, and enjoyed school more. Also vandalism was much lower. It seems barefoot kids don’t break things (woohoo). Japanese kids are required to clean their own schools. They learn team work, discipline, cleanliness, personal space responsibility and it reduces janitorial fees."

I remember also reading about shirtless elementary schools in Japan. The no shirt/no shoes kids also did better.

Nice article by a research podiatrist of all people. :barefoot:

She would be more than welcome to be on our panel, and if not, at least, she could be added to the Doc's Map. Can you handle these for me please?

Leaving for FL tomorrow and not sure if I have time to write a compelling letter today, but I will definitely put it on my to do list. Loading the van right now. Look for you at a fuel stop along I-75 ? Scott can take care of the boys!

It's done M'am! Hope she responds.

Thank you, Mr. Board. Someday, when I am feeling better, I would love to get together with you and Diane, and all of the members. We will have to have Jason organize an international meetup, as that is his duty. ;-)

He does have a track record. He got over 100 barefoot runners together in Grand Rapids after all.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7