im probably just being a total idiot, but someone help me out here....

AABarefoot

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
when reading a thread, and you want to return to the forum you were just in, where is the link to get back to it?i understand that you can just hit the back button, but then the forum wont be refreshed, and if you just read 12 pages of a thread you have to go back through all of them. or just go to the drop down menu above, i just feel like im missing something.

other forums i am a member of have a "map" at the top and a "jump to" drop down menu on the bottom.

let me know how i am supposed to be doing this, thanks!
AA

an example of the "map" type top

an example of the "jump to" style return at the bottom

and obviously i cant seem to get the photos to work either... is there no add photo button where you just insert the text? i swear im not trying to sound like a whiney spoiled 3yr old, lol, but i do realize thats how its coming out

I know what you mean about

I know what you mean about the "map," AA. The site doesn't currently have this feature. This might be a good feature request.

is that something i should

is that something i should submit someplace else? or do i just hope an admin is seeing it here?

Well, you're posting in the

Well, you're posting in the right forum, so admins will see it here. However none of us are paid, so the priority with which this issue will be addressed is... hard to say. :)

I agree that having a forum indicator like you say would be a useful improvement. But until recently there were more substantial things TJ had to work out, so I haven't bugged her about it. In the meantime I just use the "back" button on my browser or go to the main forum listing http://barefootrunners.org/forum/5 . Hope that helps!

yea, mainly i just wanted to

yea, mainly i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing the really obvious button or soething like that. ill deal, im a big boy.

I'm glad you're a big boy,

I'm glad you're a big boy, 'cuz, you guys, I just shelled out another $875 of my own money a couple days ago to pay iJoe for his fixing a bug on the site that pertained to time zone issues, of which will be resolved after the first week in May (since I don't want to mess with the Calendar and Chapters until after IBRD) and will require a lot more hours of my time to refresh every single calendar event with new time zones (nearly 300 of them), so requests like this are important, but they are not a priority.

Donations can be given via the Donate Button below. I hope that's not tacky, but this isn't a paying gig for me.

I've donated, don't look at

I've donated, don't look at me. :)

(glaring around the room with raised eyebrows, seeing if I can shame anybody into it.)

(okay if that doesn't work, if you donate, I'll send you a free virtual puppy.)

5522756631_3d8ea39892.jpg

Photo by Ted Van Pelt, licensed under Creative Commons.

Hims is so cute.  I would

Hims is so cute. I would take the real puppy in exchange.

Maybe we need a donation drive. It was suggested by some of you before. Now's a good time, considering. Stomper want to head that up?

i dont think its tacky - you

i dont think its tacky - you are essentially running a not-for-profit! gotta make that money somehow or we dont get our website we love so much!

i will be happy to donate! because i want this website to continue to be around!

thanks for all the help TJ!

AA

Barefoot TJ wrote:Maybe we

Barefoot TJ said:
Maybe we need a donation drive.

Maybe? If you're shelling out hundreds or thousands to maintain the site, we definitely need a donation drive. Thought there is a donation button somewhere, that's not the same as coming out and asking the users directly for money. You know, like a PBS fund drive.

Barefoot TJ said:
Stomper want to head that up?

I think I'd better stick to my three current responsibilities (the Library, the upcoming Book Review Collection, and miscellaneous moderating), and make sure they're done well.

But seriously, people, you know this site costs money to maintain, and a lot of you are here for info and fun every day. How much is that experience worth to you? You should give that much.

Please see the other threads

Please see the other threads in this forum for resizing and adding photos. Lots of info there. Thanks!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon