I finally joined...

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I finally joined a running club. After reading a couple BF running books (Ken Bob's, Michael Sandler's) I followed the common suggestion to run with company. My local quality club is called Fast Tracks (near Philly) I haven't been officially and electronically welcomed in yet, but I went over to run with them on their regularly scheduled Saturday morning gathering. They were super welcoming and I learned a lot as I was enticed to run 14 miles with a nice woman, about 8 miles farther than the rest of the group. I haven't run that long at one go since the mid-80's. True to the promised benefits of social running, though, the miles flew by. It didn't hurt to be told how much she appreciated my company and conversation when we got back to the gathering point.
I was also excited to learn that the club has an active trail running contingent headed by a crazy Hungarian. Cool! I will learn about new trails and get to practice my Magyar!

Reactions: jldeleon and rbondi
That sounds like a good deal, JT. It's all about having fun and building friendship, and getting some health benefits to boot.